You’ll Ever Need
Thaler, Malcolm S
ویژه : پرستاران و دانشجویان پرستاری دانشجویان علوم پزشکی
فرمت کتاب : CmH
تعداد صفحه : ۳۱۸
حجم کتاب : ۱۵٫۱ Mb
This book is about learning. It’s about keeping simple things simple and complicated things clear, concise and, yes, simple, too. It’s about getting from here to there without scaring you to death, boring you to tears, or intimidating your socks off. It’s about turning ignorance into knowledge, knowledge into wisdom, and all with a bit of fun.
And now here we are, two decades and six editions later, and The Only EKG Book You’ll Ever Need, still faithful to these ideals, is more popular, more widely translated and used in more medical and professional schools than ever. Each subsequent edition has added to and improved on what came before, and this latest edition is no exception. Explanations have been further clarified and, where possible, made even shorter and simpler (this book has always been about shorter and simpler) without sacrificing any of the important subtleties. Entire new sections expand on such important topics as long QT syndrome and sudden cardiac death, and the illustrative clinical cases found at the end of most chapters have been updated and new ones added. Discussions of EKG findings have been placed even more centrally in clinical contexts so that you are not getting just the dry facts and figures but, whenever possible, are put right in the middle of real-life situations in which the EKG still plays a crucial role.
It’s remains a genuine joy to thank Glenn Harper, M.D., as good a cardiologist as there is on this planet of ours, for again helping to assure that this book is accurate and up to date. The editorial folks over at Lippincott Williams & Wilkins have, as always, been great to work with, and I thank them for producing what I think is the most readable and beautiful EKG book that there is to you readers, especially to those of you picking up this book for the first time, I hope that The Only EKG Book You’ll Ever Need will give you everything you require to read EKGs quickly and accurately.
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Electricity and the Heart
The Cells of the Heart
- Time and Voltage
- P Waves, QRS Complexes, T Waves, and Some Straight Lines
- Naming the Straight Lines
- Making WavesThe
- ۱۲ Views of the Heart
- A Word About Vectors
- The Normal 12-Lead EKG
- Coming Attractions
You will learn about the electrical events that generate the different waves on the EKG, and armed with this knowledge you will be able to recognize and understand the normal 12-lead EKG.
Hypertrophy and Enlargement of the Heart
- Axis Deviation, Hypertrophy, and Enlargement
- Atrial Enlargement
- Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Secondary Repolarization Abnormalities of Ventricular Hypertrophy
You will see how simple and predictable alterations in certain waves permit the diagnosis of enlargement and hypertrophy of the atria and ventricles.
- The Clinical Manifestations of Arrhythmias
- Why Arrhythmias Happen
- Rhythm Strips
- How To Determine the Heart Rate From the EKG
- The Five Basic Types of Arrhythmias
- Arrhythmias of Sinus Origin
- Ectopic Rhythms
- Reentrant Rhythms
- The Four Questions
- Supraventricular Arrhythmias
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Supraventricular Versus Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Programmed Electrical Stimulation
- Implantable Defibrillators
- External Defibrillators
You will become familiar with the most common disturbances in cardiac rhythm and will learn why some are life threatening while others are merely nuisances.
- What Is a Conduction Block?
- Combining Right Bundle Branch Block and Hemiblocks
- Blocks That Underachieve
- The Ultimate in Playing with Blocks: Combining AV Blocks, Right Bundle Branch Block, and Hemiblocks
You will learn to identify interruptions in the normal pathways of cardiac conduction and will be introduced to pacemakers.
- What Is Preexcitation?
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Lown-Ganong-Levine Syndrome
- Associated Arrhythmias
As a complement to Chapter 4, you will learn what happens when the electrical current bypasses the usual channels of conduction and arrives more quickly at its destination.
Myocardial Ischemia and Infarction
- What Is a Myocardial Infarction?
- How to Diagnose a Myocardial Infarction
- Localizing the Infarc
- Non-Q Wave Myocardial Infarctions
- Limitations of the EKG in Diagnosing an Infarction
- Stress Testing
You will learn to diagnose ischemic heart disease: myocardial infarctions (heart attacks) and angina (ischemic heart pain).
- Electrolyte Disturbances
- More on the QT Interval
- Other Cardiac Disorders
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Central Nervous System Disease
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- The Athlete’s Heart
You will see how various noncardiac phenomena can alter the EKG.
Putting It All Together
- The 11-Step Method for Reading EKGs
You will put all your newfound knowledge together into a simple 11-step method for reading all EKGs.
How Do You Get to Carnegie Hall?
A few practice strips will let you test your knowledge and revel in your astonishing intellectual growth.
- در صورت وجود هرگونه مشکل و نقص در دانلود و خرابی لینک ها اطلاع دهید تا در اولین فرصت نقص را برطرف نماییم . با تشکر از نظرات و راهنمایی های شما اعضا محترم
- لطفا ما را از نظرات و راهنمایی های خود محروم نفرمایید .
تهیه ، تنظیم و گرد آوری : صادق دهقانی زاده